Director of Culinary
The Preserve is seeking a talented cook to join our culinary team. A successful candidate will have high performance standards, will be self-motivated to exceed expectations and will effectively communicate and collaborate among their co-workers.
Perform other related duties as assigned
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Responsible for preparing meals to the satisfaction of the residents, families and guests.
- Responsible for the preparation of the menu in accordance with the recipes and production sheets and/or specific instructions from the Director of Culinary and Lead Cook.
- Ensures that each dish is properly plated and garnished.
- Confirms food complies with proper temperature controls.
- Minimizes food waste
- Verifies that walk-in coolers and freezers meet kitchen standards
- Master proper food handling techniques
- Maintains sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work areas throughout the shift.
- Responsible for properly shutting down and securing the kitchen at the end of shift.
- Ensures special diets and special requests are prepared and served as appropriate.
- May be required to supervise other dining staff.
- Diplomatic and responsive to resident complaints or concerns.
- Perform all the duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- Observe infection control procedures.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to:
Attn: Kelly Liddington
The Preserve at Clearwater
2010 Greenbriar Boulevard
Clearwater, Florida 33763